Thursday, December 4, 2014

Let Me Tell You About...My Favorite Christmas Ornament


One of the Christmas traditions most ingrained in my memory involves my favorite ornament, this little baby Jesus.


My parents had this ornament for as long as I can remember. I'm sure it came from a Nativity set somewhere along the way, but for some reason, baby Jesus lost Mary and Joseph. I gladly pulled him out of the decorations box each Christmas and took immense joy in placing baby Jesus on our tree. To me, the tree wasn't done until baby Jesus took his place of honor. I loved putting the ornament on the tree so much, my parents reserved the honor just for me each year.

When I moved out of my parents' house, my mom gave me a box with all the Christmas decorations I had accumulated over the year, plus baby Jesus. When Jared and I decorated our tree this past Friday (I did it as soon as I could!), baby Jesus once again took His place of honor. A lot of special memories are wrapped up in those swaddling clothes, and I'm sure many more are to come.

What is the one ornament you need on your tree every year?