Monday, October 20, 2014

Things I'm Loving Monday...


As my friend Kim used to say, sometimes Monday can turn into MOANday! But today, I want to share some things I have been loving lately...

Downtown Abbey

Yes I realize I'm late to the party, but I recently discovered all seasons are available through Amazon Prime Video! I have been enjoying the twists and turns in this show immensely.

Trader Joe's

A new, if not small, Trader Joe's recently opened in Jacksonville. I have been reading for months about how amazing Trader Joe's is, and now I can finally experience it for myself. My favorite part about the place is their incredible prices on produce and meat, plus the ready-made options like cut fruit. Makes my life so much easier! They don't carry everything I need, but I love it enough to make two trips. That should tell you something!

Even better, they have beautiful flowers for such good prices right when you walk through the door. I had to get me some orange tulips this past weekend.

My New Job

About a month ago, I started a job as the Surgicial Liaison at St. Vincent's Southside. My job is to interact with patients, their families and medical personnel to ensure everyone is on the same page. I never knew such a perfect job for me existed in the world. I can't tell you how much I love meeting and interacting with new people every day. Plus, I work with an incredible group of volunteers who staff the Patient Information desk.

My Church

Jared and I are both loving our church family at Southpoint Baptist. It has been a very long time since I felt so at-home in a church. I was recently invited to be in the church's theatre troupe in a dinner theatre performance! I haven't done theatre in YEARS, so I jumped at the opportunity. I didn't realize how much I missed it.

The Upcoming Blog Redesign

I have been working slowly to develop a new design for my blog, since the current design does not accurately reflect The Walker Fireside Chats any more. Once the design is complete, I'll reveal more details plus the amazing artist who is help me!

What are you loving this Monday?