Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Fall Welcome Week 2014: Fall Means...Family

Welcome back to Fall Welcome Week 2014!

Fall Welcome Week Hosts
Left to right by row: Seriously Sarah // Lightly Sprinkled // A Savory Feast // Love the Here and Now // No Small Life // Strong & Sweet // The Walker Fireside Chats // 12 Twenty Seven // Life with the Casterlines // Goose Egg Blue // A Tiny Traveler // The Suzie Lou Blog // With Dignity and Coffee // Life w/ Mrs. G & the Artist // The Wetherills Say I Do // Set Free // The Beauty Section // Butcher's Niche // Kent Heartstrings

I'm partnering with these lovely bloggers to give you a week of fall-themed content. Here at The Walker Fireside Chats, I'm focusing on Fall Means...Yesterday, I discussed the importance of friends during this season. Today, let's talk about family!


Just like fall brings friends together, fall also friends families together. It begins the holiday season, starting with Halloween and ending with Christmas. I have been fortunate most of my life to spend the holidays with family.


The Yeary family (my maiden name) has a grand tradition of spending Thanksgiving together. For as long as I can remember, we have all packed into my grandmother's house in Arlington, Texas. You're looking at three generations of family here!

Another fall family tradition? Football! Having Thanksgiving in Arlington has the additional benefit of being able to attend the Texas Tech vs. Baylor game at Cowboy Stadium. It's exhilarating to see your team play in such a grand place!


Once Jared and I got married, we split the holidays between our families. One of the best parts of getting married is your family expands! The Walkers typically have their Thanksgiving at home and invite other family members to attend. One of the things I am most grateful for in life is how the Walkers welcomed me into their fall family traditions!


What are your fall family traditions?



P.S. Have you entered the Fall Welcome Week giveaway yet???

Fall Giveaway

a Rafflecopter giveaway