Thursday, July 31, 2014

One Happy Thing: Let's Combat Sadness!

After recent blog posts (specifically One for the Win Column and The "Should" Trap) and recent discussions with my friends, I have realized how sad people are. When you are sad yourself, it's easy to get stuck in your feelings and forget others are also going through difficult times. I'm a little ashamed to admit this came as a surprise to me. And it also saddened me. This is proof of just how hard life can be, y'all.

The original purpose of this blog is to bring laughter and encouragement to people through stories. So I wondered, how can I use my blog to make people smile despite of their circumstances? I thought I would start a new series called One Happy Thing. It focuses on the little things in life which are still good, even though you might overall feel sad.

One of the important things I have learned as a medical wife, which I have shared before, is the importance of perspective. I have learned the power of focusing on the power when it comes to life circumstances. The purpose of One Happy Thing is to focus on the positive rather than the negative.

I am also thinking of getting other people involved by asking them to share their One Happy Thing. What do you think? Would you participate? Share below!


One Happy Thing


This is the scene most afternoons at the Walker household: Henry and I are enjoying our view with a good book, TV show or job search. I treasure these times because I always wished I could be doing this when I was working!

Don't forget: tell me about your One Happy Thing!