Monday, June 23, 2014

Review: Not Your Mother's Smooth Moves Frizz Control Cream

Not Your Mother's Frizz Control

My hair and humidity do NOT get along.

When my family and I lived in Houston, Texas, I constantly battled frizz. I tried so many products, including a popular frizz serum, but absolutely nothing worked. My hair got a break in the dry heat of Lubbock, Texas, but once I found out Jared and I were moving to Jacksonville, I knew I had to find a miracle product quickly.

I have thick, coarse hair. Oils and serums do not absorb well, so I decided to try a cream instead. I have heard great things about Not Your Mother's products in the blogosphere, so when I saw this on sale at Ulta, I decided to give it a try. Let me tell you about it...

What is it?

A cream with a medium consistency designed to fight frizz. It feels slightly sticky in your hand, but smells faintly of coconut. The smell does go away once you apply it.

Application

As with all frizz products, I would recommend starting out with less product than you think you will need. A little of this goes a long way! I use two dime-sized drops for my texture and length of hair. Apply the product to damp, clean hair and style normally. I would recommend not applying to your roots, but make sure your ends are completely coated.

I blow dry my hair before styling, and I do notice it takes me longer to blow dry with this product.

Is it Worth It?

HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT, y'all. Nothing I have tried has worked so well for my hair. I have been using this product for about two months, and it keeps my hair smooth and frizz-free in all types of weather. I have stood outside in humidity during a party. I have walked through a light rain. Nothing phases my hair! I also believe this product helps keep the style in my hair as well.

One caveat of this product...it works great for what I like to call humidity frizz. This is when your hair absorbs moisture from the air and frizzes. I bought this product and first tried it in Lubbock, and I can say it does not work well for heat frizz, which is where your hair frizzes due to a lack of moisture. This product is not particularly hydrating, but you don't need that in humidity!

Will you be giving this product a try?


I received no compensation for this review. I just really like this product!