Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Let Me Tell You About...the Magic of Rental Finding Agencies


Moving to a city you have never been is stressful, particularly when it comes to choosing a place to live.

There are lots of Web sites devoted to helping you find a new home, but the problem is many of these sites, intentionally or not, are very misleading. An apartment complex may only post pictures of their model unit or their newly renovated amenities. I found this to be especially true when I originally apartment hunted in Lubbock. Most of the apartments I ended up seeing were at this level of horror. I didn't want the same experience in Jacksonville.

I have been watching copious amounts of House Hunters on HGTV to prepare for the moving process (poor Jared). Some of the future homeowners are actually renters, and they had real estate agents showing them housing options. I wondered, is this something we could do in Jacksonville? Have a realtor help us find places?

I did some research. It turns out some realtors WILL help renters find places to live. But usually, the more reputable, experienced realtors will not do this because there is not as much money involved for them. One of my coworkers gifted me a subscription to Angie's List, so I did a search for realtors in Jacksonville to see if I could find one willing to help with rentals. That's how I stumbled across Jacksonville Rental Finders.

Now, I know most of you are probably happily settled and/or buying houses for future moves. But if you are in a place where renting if your best option, I encourage you to seek a similar service. We simply gave JRF our desired apartment size, budget and location, and they did the rest. The service only refers you to complexes they have had previous success with. Since they have relationships with these places, they can often get you better deals.

Best of all, the service is FREE! The properties pay JRF and most other companies like them to bring them qualified tenants. The only catch is you have to put the rental finding agency as your referral source on the application. Small price to pay for excellent, free service!

Would you or do you know someone who would benefit from a rental finding agency? Do you watch copious amounts of House Hunters like I do?


P.S. Hump Day Happenings: Summer opens TONIGHT at 8 p.m. CST! Bring your SUMMERTIME posts of any genre to share.