I got some excellent responses from sharing my Crock Pot Chicken and Sausage Gumbo, so I thought I would share another easy recipe from the Walkers. This is one of my absolute favorite meals, and it is so easy to whip together on a weeknight. My dad likes to remind me these are not "real" enchiladas, and this is true, but that's why they're easy! Have you ever tried making authentic enchiladas??? Not on a weeknight : )
My Mimi originally gave me this recipe. I am not sure where she got it, but as always, I have tweaked it to fit my family's tastes. Enjoy!
- 1 package frozen taquitos - I like green chicken chile the best, but I have also used beef. The brand of taquito does make a difference, so try different brands if the recipe doesn't turn out absolutely delicious the first time
- 2, 16 oz. jars verde sauce - I use Herdez brand
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese, or more to taste
- 1, 8 oz. container of sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the verde sauce, sour cream and 1/2 c. of cheese in a bowl. Mix together until mostly smooth.
- Place the taquitos (no thawing necessary!) in a baking dish and cover them fully with the sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 c. of cheese on top of the taquitos.
- Bake for 30 - 32 minutes or until sauce is bubbly. Serve with Spanish rice!