Friday, May 9, 2014

Easy as 1-2-3 Enchiladas



I got some excellent responses from sharing my Crock Pot Chicken and Sausage Gumbo, so I thought I would share another easy recipe from the Walkers. This is one of my absolute favorite meals, and it is so easy to whip together on a weeknight. My dad likes to remind me these are not "real" enchiladas, and this is true, but that's why they're easy! Have you ever tried making authentic enchiladas??? Not on a weeknight : )

My Mimi originally gave me this recipe. I am not sure where she got it, but as always, I have tweaked it to fit my family's tastes. Enjoy!

Ingredients

  • 1 package frozen taquitos - I like green chicken chile the best, but I have also used beef. The brand of taquito does make a difference, so try different brands if the recipe doesn't turn out absolutely delicious the first time
  • 2, 16 oz. jars verde sauce - I use Herdez brand
  • 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese, or more to taste
  • 1, 8 oz. container of sour cream

Directions

  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Place the verde sauce, sour cream and 1/2 c. of cheese in a bowl. Mix together until mostly smooth.
  3. Place the taquitos (no thawing necessary!) in a baking dish and cover them fully with the sauce.
  4. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 c. of cheese on top of the taquitos.
  5. Bake for 30 - 32 minutes or until sauce is bubbly. Serve with Spanish rice!

Will you be trying some Easy 1-2-3 Enchiladas?