Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Guess Who Got Tagged?



Me! : )

Heather at Woods of Bell Trees tagged me in the following activity. I like learning more about other people through tags, and I hope you feel the same!

Are you named after someone?

My middle name "Gayle" comes from my maternal grandmother, Mimi. After I got married and changed my last name to Walker, I couldn't bear to part with my middle name, so I kept it.

When was the last time you cried?

Last week because my stupid belly button still hurts. Recovering from surgery is very frustrating.

Do you have kiddos?

I have a fur baby named Henry. Does that count?

If you were another person, would you be a friend to yourself?

I think so. I'm pretty fun to be around : ) AND I have fabulous taste!

Do you have a guilty pleasure?

Certainly, and I talk about them quite a lot! I think my main guilty pleasure is not getting anything done on the weekends because I'm too busy cuddling with Henry.

Do you like your handwriting?

I love it. I write primarily in cursive. It makes me sad though because a lot of people younger than me can't read it! When did they stop teaching cursive in school? I guess they feel like it's not necessary anymore...sad...

What's your favorite cereal?

I actually don't like cereal very much, but every once and awhile I get a craving for Honey Nut Cheerios or Fruity Pebbles.

What's the first thing you notice about people?

How they have chosen to style themselves. I'm always interested in why people make the decisions they do in terms of appearance. I'm also scanning for things I like. "Oooh, cute shoes!" "Beautiful hair!" "I wonder what kind of makeup she uses?"

What is your eye color?

Blue, but they look more green depending on what I wear.

Scary movies or happy endings?

Happy endings all day long. I HATE horror movies! Life is already sad enough. Why would I want to watch more sadness in a movie? Movies are supposed to be an escape!

Favorite TV Show?

I've been on a crime/forensic show kick lately. I love Forensic Files HLN and Lock Up on MSNBC. Since Jared and I are moving soon, I have also been watching endless hours of HGTV to get ideas for our new apartment, particularly House Hunters, Property Brothers and Love It or List It.

Summer or winter?

SUMMER! I hate the cold. I'm a Texan, after all. I think Florida will agree with me in this regard!

Hugs or kisses?

No offense, but I think kisses from anyone except my close family is weird...so I would say hugs in most cases.

What's the furthest you've been from home?

In terms of distance, probably Mexico. My family and I went on a vacation in Playa del Carmen when I was in high school. In terms of culture, I went on a theatre trip to NYC in high school. NYC is the complete opposite of Texas. Everything is so tall and close together. You can also walk to most places or take public transportation. In Texas, everything is far apart and you have to drive to get anywhere. The people in NYC were also very suspicious of common courtesy. I held the door open for people at a restaurant, which is only polite in Texas, and a lot of New Yorkers gave me dirty looks.

Also, pedestrians do NOT have right away in NYC!

Do you have any special talents?

I think I have a natural affinity for connecting with people. I have also been told I'm an excellent writer.

Where were you born?

Bedford, Texas.

What are your hobbies?

I want to become more crafty when I have more room to hoard supplies. But currently, I love to read and maintain this blog!

Do you have any pets?

Yes, Henry!

Favorite movie?

Beauty and the Beast.

What color is your car?

Silver.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

I would really like a job where I can build relationships between people, whether that be implementing training for a company or being a flight attendant. In Florida, I would love to work in patient relations at a hospital. I think it would be a powerful thing to help people in their greatest time of need.

Thanks for tagging me, Heather! Let's learn more about the following bloggers...

Courtney from Fat Girl Friendly

Georgia from Oatmeal Smiles

Jenna from A Savory Feast

Caitlin from Aprons, Trainers and Bibs

Let me know if you plan to participate, ladies!


P.S. Hump Day Happenings opens TONIGHT at 8 p.m. CST! The theme is ANYTHING GOES, so bring anything you would like to share!