Friday, April 4, 2014

#AskAwayFriday with Rabia from The Liebers!

Ask Away Friday Rabia Megan

I'm so honored to participate in Ask Away Friday today with Rabia from The Liebers! I met Rabia through this link up, I believe, and I have really enjoyed reading her posts about life with her husband and three children. Rabia also has a great link up called Tuesday Ten, which I need to start participating in as soon as possible.


Here's how it works: Rabia and I exchanged 10 questions which we will each answer in our posts. After you read my responses below, make sure you check out Rabia's answers to my questions!

Let's start the party!

I’ve been reading about your poodle Henry. His adventures remind me of my son, Henry, who incidentally likes to pretend he is a dog named Sparky!  Anyway, what’s the craziest thing your Henry has been up to lately?

I've posted before about how Henry sings. Check him out below:



Can't view the video? Click here

Henry has figured out he gets attention if he sings, because we live in an apartment, so we can't allow him to make too much noise (BTW, I can't believe so much noise comes out of such a tiny body!). Henry likes to start singing if he feels neglected, if he wants more food or if he wants to go outside. So he pretty much sings constantly!

Henry is also very particular about his food bowl. If it's not completely full when he gets ready to eat, he'll pout and whine until you fill it up.

I see that you will be moving to Florida. What are you most excited about and most worried about in this transition?

I'm really excited about starting a new chapter in my family's life. I don't want to leave my home in Texas, but in the end, I think it will be good for Jared and I to do this as a family. I'm SUPER excited about always being warm! I hate the cold...

Just as I'm excited about a fresh start, I'm also really nervous about starting from scratch. I've never made a cross-country move before and I haven't job searched in four years. The unknown is really worrisome right now.

I also see that you have been married since 2011.  Do you still consider yourselves newlyweds or is the honeymoon over?!

It seems crazy to think Jared and I will be married THREE YEARS in June! It doesn't even feel like one yet haha. I never really considered us newlyweds because we were together three years before we got engaged. I feel like I got to continue life with my best friend. How cool is that?

I would say three years of marriage is more...realistic. You're not constantly on the newlywed high of emotions, as people like to say. But I like this stage of our marriage better. We work well together as a team. But we keep that spark alive, y'all, don't worry : )

Speaking of your husband, I’m hoping he has redeemed himself from your first date and the subsequent ones have been an improvement! ;) What does a typical date night look like for the two of you? 

Oh yes, he has TOTALLY redeemed himself from our first date! Jenna asked me to continue the story, so I will be sharing the rest on Monday.

We LOVE to eat, so trying out a new restaurant is one of our favorite date nights. I have also been trying to learn more about drinking red wine, so Jared will pick us out a bottle and we'll watch movies while we sip our wine.

It appears that you are a newcomer to the blogging world, but I see from your link up that you’ve really take off!  What made you start blogging and where do you see yourself in 5 years with this?

Why thank you : ) Hump Day Happenings has been a great success so far! Jenna, my co-host, and I very pleased to see how many new people join each week! (By the way, if you haven't participated yet in Hump Day Happenings, check out a preview and join us starting Tuesday at 8 p.m. CST!)

I started blogging because writing is my passion, and I didn't get the opportunity to do it in my daily life. I also missed connecting with people like you could back in the Xanga days. I like getting a true picture of people's lives, not just a snapshot.

I hope I continue the blog and make it better for my readers. I'm not keen on monetizing yet, because it takes a greater commitment than I can give right now.

How does your day job (public relations) factor in to your success?

Well, I actually don't use much public relations in my current job. I am the auditor for the Rawls College of Business at Texas Tech University, which means I am the gateway to graduation! I started here as an academic advisor, because I wanted to use my PR background to build relationships with people. I was promoted into my current position because of my knowledge of the college and my organizational capabilities (in order words, I'm anal haha). Blogging has become my creative outlet from my job.

I do think it is very important to be organized as a blogger. There's a lot of information to sift through each day!

This week we celebrated April Fool’s Day. Tell me something that makes you laugh out loud.

I look at this Buzzfeed post to celebrate almost Friday, and it cracks me up every. single. time. Click the link! You won't be sorry.

What is your favorite thing to cook?

I love making curry anything, chicken and sausage gumbo in the crock pot, and easy green chicken enchiladas. The gumbo and enchilada recipes are particularly easy, so I'm thinking about sharing them in the future!


Would you rather go 100 years in to the future or 100 years into the past? Why?

I totally would go 100 years in the past. I love the fashion from that era, first of all, and I would love to relive history.

Do you have a favorite charity or non-profit that you support?  Tell us about it.

I do, actually. I currently support a child through World Vision. I first heard about this organization at a church camp in middle school. The experiences these children endure is just amazing. One of my friends and I actually sponsored a little boy for about a year. We scraped the money together each month even though neither of us had a job.

When my friend moved, we just couldn't do it any longer, so I had to back out. I never forgot that sweet little boy and I hated how I let him down by stopping my sponsorship. As soon as I got a paying job, I started sponsoring a tween girl. She is a sweetheart. I love being a very small part of her life.

Thanks again for doing this with me, Rabia! Be sure to check out her responses to my questions.