Friday, March 14, 2014

The Two Flat Tire Odyssey Part Two


Remember back when I shared my traumatizing experience involving TWO flat tires on the side of a busy road? Sadly, this story has a part two.

Wednesday morning, I left the apartment to get in my car and drive to work. I noticed my car was leaning to the left, so I thought, oh no, not a flat tire! My tires were fine yesterday...sure enough, the back passenger side tire was flat. DANG IT. I went back inside to ask Jared to drive me to work.

As we were leaving the parking lot, we noticed Jared's front passenger side tire was going flat. We pulled over and Jared changed the tire (what a MAN!). I got out of the car to ask Jared what he thought caused the flat. This is the man who got a flat tire once from driving over a metal fork (true story), so I wondered if I would have another great story to tell.

Jared pointed to a hole in the front of the tire. What the...? What kind of road hazard causes a perfect hole in the front of a tire? It seemed very suspicious. I told Jared I thought his tire might have been tampered with. I asked him to drive back to the apartment so I could look at my tire.

Sure enough,


Yeah. Almost the exact same hole in the exact same place. It became obvious we had been vandalized. What are the chances both of us would get flat tires with the same suspicious-looking holes? It really boggles my mind how downright mean people can be sometimes.

So THIS particular two flat tire odyssey has not been very fun to deal with. It has made me question the safety of our apartment complex, because this is the THIRD act of vandalism we have experienced. It has made me question people in general. What kind of person hurts someone for no reason? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Thankfully, Jared and I have been surrounded by extremely supportive friends, coworkers and family. Without them, this situation would be so much worse! At least the silver lining of Part II is how much love my husband and I have felt over the past several days.

One request: can there be no Part III? Please?

Have you ever experienced vandalism? Share below!

2 comments:

  1. That sucks!!!! when the hubby and I were much younger and living in the city apartment we were burglarized twice within three months. COme to find out the guy who worked at the bank who lived above us was out of work and needed to fulfill his drug habit. Unfortunately with our stuff stolen out of our apartment... Worst of all our insurance dropped us after the second theft.... Thanks for sharing... Stopping by from SITS....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I'm so sorry. That's terrible! I really hope we don't have a druggie living above us. My husband Jared and I like to think we don't have problems with anyone, but this is the third time we've been vandalized at this apartment. As far as we know, no one else has.

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your story!