Tuesday, March 11, 2014

"The Jerry", a Fabulous Cocktail Inspired by a Mocktail


This past weekend, Jared and I attended a baby shower for one of our good friends. The new momma wanted mocktails at her party, and I volunteered to bring one. I've never really had mocktails before, so I had to rely on trusty Google for a recipe. I found one recipe for a "Baby Bellini" which used sparkling white grape juice instead of champagne/prosecco, which I thought sounded delicious. I wasn't sure how hard it would be to find peach juice, so I developed my own recipe I called a "Mom-osa":

Champagne flute
2 oz. chilled, pulp-free orange juice
Sparkling white grape juice, chilled

Pour orange juice in champagne flute, top off with sparkling grape juice. Yum!

Or, for the non-baby shower/fancy version, just eyeball the ingredients in whatever glass you want and top off with ice if you don't have time to chill the sparking grape juice. Still delicious!

Jared was inspired by my "Mom-osa" to create his own cocktail (notice the mocktail thing went out the window once we got home) we lovingly call "The Jerry". Here's the recipe:

1 oz. tequila
1 oz. Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
Equal parts orange juice and sparkling white grape juice
Top off glass with ice

We don't shake our cocktails at the Walker's, so there's no fancy equipment needed! If you have a shot glass, you can measure 1 oz. easily.

What is your favorite cocktail or mocktail? Share below!


P.S. Are you a blogger? Hump Day Happenings opens TONIGHT at 8 p.m. and will last through Wednesday! Get your SPRING-related post of any genre ready to share!