Tuesday, March 18, 2014

School Supply Hall of Fame

I have already shared about my Sharpie addiction, but after discovering some fellow school supply addicts on Instagram (@MamaRabia and @fatgirlfriendlyblog), I had to find out if there are more of us out there!

So today, I introduce the School Supply Hall of Fame. These are school supplies heavily vetted by me, because I use them everyday at work!

School Supply Hall of Fame

As you can see, only three supplies are good enough for the Hall of Fame! Let me tell you about them...

1. Sharpie Fine Point Pens: my job as an auditor requires constant writing. I'm only happy if I'm using these pens. They come in many different colors from the traditional black, blue and red to pastels. I use different colors for different purposes. I love these because they give a strong line, but don't bleed through paper.

2. Lined Post-It Notes 4 x 4: Post-It has the BEST post-it notes. The off brands are definitely not the same quality. I love these lined post-its for writing notes on official documents I can't write on directly i.e. intents to graduate! I also love all the different colors these come in. A bright, colorful office is a happy office!

3. Sharpie Accent Pocket Style Highlighters: did you notice I love Sharpie brand products? These highlighters are ideal for marking lines of text because they are thin. They also smear less than other brands and the color stays consistent until the highlighters runs out. As a slightly OCD auditor, there's nothing worse to me than inconsistency!

FYI, I was not compensated in any way for this post. I am just sharing "little things in life" I love!

Now that you know about my school supply hoarding tendencies, do you have any suggestions for supplies I should try?


P.S. Jenna from A Savory Feast and I are proud to open Hump Day Happenings Two TONIGHT at 8 p.m. CST! Bring your FAVORITE THINGS post of any genre to share. I look forward to seeing you there.



9 comments:

  1. I gotta have good pens for writing! These sound great, I need to go get some. I'm finishing up my last couple semesters of school and will need to think of other excuses to buy school supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sharpie stuff!! One thing that really makes me happy, is the click-able versions of these pens. I am really bad about losing lids, but if I just have to click that's not a problem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the clicky ones too! I usually just buy the ones with caps because they're a little cheaper and I go through so many at work : ) This past time, my supervisor was nice and bought me some, so I was happy.

      Delete
  3. I'm totally obsessed with everything in the Office Supplies aisles. Sharpies included! Love that I'm not the only one here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not! I can't go down the school supply aisle, because I'll buy way too much stuff I probably will never use, especially if it's brightly colored!

      Delete
  4. That's not odd. I'm the same way. I could spend hours in staples. I hoard notebooks, pens, & sticky notes. I love the shapes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO! I have star and butterfly-shaped stickies for my planner. They're great for taking quick notes.

      Delete
  5. I've had those sharpie fine point pens in the past, but none currently because I think they went the way of all pens--disappeared into the black void!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i use sharpies for nail art--they work if you aren't into polish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your story!