Friday, March 21, 2014

Match Day



It's been a long journey to this point, y'all. And I have been there for every moment.

I was there...

...when Jared got his MCAT scores. He was so nervous, he asked me to log in and view his scores first. When I said he got a 30 (which is above the national average), Jared didn't believe me at first. I was there to celebrate this success.

I was there...

...when Jared got wait-listed for medical school. He had several promising interviews, but no school hurried to snap him up (a mistake on their part, of course!). But Jared had participated in a medical boot camp program at Texas Tech during his undergraduate, so when a spot opened up, Tech accepted him immediately. Jared got the call when we were about to watch Sex and the City 2 at the theatre (the movie was a major disappointment, by the way). I just knew if God had opened this door for him, there was no way Jared wouldn't be successful as a doctor.

I have been there for every test, every application and every success my beloved husband has had in this journey. I am honored I could witness his triumph.

That's the word of the hour:

Triumph!


Today, we received our residency assignment.

The Walkers are going to:

Jacksonville, Florida.

This was our sixth choice, but Jared's first choice in terms of program quality. Jared and I are so excited! Don't worry, I'll keep you updated with what comes next.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats, Megan (and Jared)!! Can't wait to see where this next part of your journey leads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo, Florida! Congratulations to you and Jared. That is great! I'm sure it will turn out to be a really great thing for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to know for sure where you are going next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Florida! OMG! So excited for y'all. Can't wait to hear about it! Texas will miss you for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your story!