Thursday, February 27, 2014

Washi Tape Wonder


Let me share a discovery I have made with you.

Washi tape.

Before Pinterest, I had no idea such a thing as washi tape existed. I am a sucker for colorful, graphic prints, so once I stumbled across it, I knew I had to have some washi tape.

First,

What is Washi Tape?

Washi tape is essentially decorative masking tape, with comparable sticking power. It comes in more patterns and widths than you can imagine.

 What Do You Use it For?

I have been using it to decorate my planner thanks to this pin.

I haven't used washi tape for crafting yet, but here's a link to my Pinterest for crafts I have saved for the future.

Where Do You Get It?

Stores with solid crafting aisles such as Target or office supply stores such as Staples. I have not looked at Wal-Mart, Michael's or Hobby Lobby, but I am sure the last two will offer washi tape.

One of the best places to find unique washi tape is through Etsy! I recently ordered five lovely rolls from TheSewingPost.

 

Any suggestions what ELSE I should do with washi tape? I'm looking at you, my crafty readers! : )

 

4 comments:

  1. I've seen it wrapped on mason jars used as makeup brush holders or button jars! Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen all kinds of cute washi tape projects on Pinterest but have never tried it. Looks like fun! I may need to go buy some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. I have no idea what to do with it. I am so not crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only discovered washi tape because of blogging, but now I feel like i see it everywhere!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your story!