Friday, February 21, 2014

New Year's Resolution Update: My Plum Paper Planner


One of my New Year's resolutions was to get more organized. I remember things much better if I write them down, so I wanted to return to my college days and use a paper planner. AND, bonus, since I'm not quite as poor as I was in college, I decide to invest in a really nice planner. I will be using it for a year, after all!

One of my Instagram friends posted a photo of a planner I wanted to buy initially, but I since I decided to get a planner in January (see why I need to get more organized???), I missed the deadline to order one of those planners. After doing some research, I stumbled across Plum Paper Designs on Etsy.

I was instantly drawn to her beautiful covers. I'm a sucker for bold prints, after all. I am also a sucker for monograms, so I decided to purchase one. Plum Paper has a few planner lines to choose from, but I decided to get a Family Planner because I could further customize my purchase. I'll show you what I mean in a moment.

The Cover

Plum Paper Family Planner

Yellow and gray is SO me (do these colors look familiar?).

Tabs

Plum Paper Family Planner

One of my favorite things about this planner is how colorful it is. The tabs are also very sturdy, so I don't have to worry about bending them as I turn pages.

Note Sections

Plum Paper Family Planner

I love taking notes because I am a nerd, and this planner give me plenty of opportunities. At the beginning of each month, there's a calendar spread with space for upcoming birthdays, events and general notes.

Custom Headings



Plum Paper Family Planner


 My favorite part of the planner is the custom headings, which is a unique feature to the Family Planner line. I have spaces for me, Jared, Henry, blog idea, meal plans and musings. It cost a little extra to customize, but SO worth it.

Accessories

My planner wouldn't be complete without all the stuff I bought for it, namely more Sharpies than I will probably ever need. Please don't judge my Sharpie addiction...it's pretty bad, especially since I use ALL of them...

Sharpie Collection

Do you use a planner? What are some of your tricks to maximize its effectiveness?

 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I need this! I love yellow and gray together. This planner would automatically make me more organized because it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it automatically does make you more organized! Especially when you've got fabulous pens to write with...I find myself adding more yellow and gray to my life because the colors make me so happy.

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your story!