Thursday, February 13, 2014

Five Guilty Pleasures


Note from Megan: In honor of Valentine's Day week, I am sharing how love has affected many facets of my life. It's my Learning About Love series.



On Monday, I discussed the first step I took towards self-love. Over the years, I've learned to take pleasure in the little things in life (hence why it is a prominent category on my blog!). Everyone has some guilty pleasures in life, and I fully support having them. Here are the things I do when I want to take care of myself:

Cuddle with my Puppy

There's nothing like a sweet, cuddly poodle to improve your mood and make any day better! Fortunately for me, my puppy Henry is a cuddler. Most mornings, he is pressed close to my side when I wake up. If you haven't read Henry's story, check it out here.

Browse in Target

I don't always buy something, but I love browsing in Target. I'm preaching to the choir when I say Target has the most beautiful, fascinating stuff at a typically amazing price. During college, my friend Gracie and I would go to Target and collect armfuls of stuff we wanted to buy. As our trip ended, we would slowly put back most if not all of our stuff. It wasn't so much we wanted to buy, we wanted to dream. Target lets you do that!

Buy High-End Makeup

I don't solely use high-end makeup, but boy do I love the days when I get to buy it! I get so much pleasure from going to the Clinique counter or checking out at Ulta with an Urban Decay palette.

Drink Arnold Palmers

What is an Arnold Palmer, you ask? Only heaven in a glass! Last year, I decided to break my Coca-Cola addiction because they are about the worst thing you can put in your body. I still enjoy the occasional Coke, but now I am more partial to Arnold Palmers, which are part tea and part lemonade. I have found the perfect combination is three-quarters unsweet tea and one-quarter lemonade. And it needs to be lemonade like Minute Maid or Country Time. The stronger lemonades such as the one at Chick-fil-A don't create the right balance.

To answer your question yes, I have done a lot of research. It's a guilty pleasure, after all!

Play "Disney Hidden Worlds"

I don't often get caught up in an iPhone/iPad app, but when I do, I can't stop. Currently I am playing "Disney Hidden Worlds", where you save Disney kingdoms such as Beauty and the Beast by playing hidden object puzzles. It is FUN, especially if you grew up with Disney films like I did.

If you're interested in playing, we can send each other gift ink!

What are your guilty pleasures?

 


7 comments:

  1. i'm all for cuddling with my pup! but it has to be on his schedule, hehe. sometimes he's not in the mood to snuggle. he's a rescue and such a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have to acclimate Henry to cuddling! When he was a little puppy, he hated any kind of affection. He used to love rolling around in grass, so I used to take him to his favorite spot and just pet him while he played. Eventually he associated petting as a good thing, and he has been the best cuddler ever since!

      Delete
  2. Hi , I'm new to your link up thank you for hosting!
    Have a great week!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, so glad you could join us! Thanks so much for sharing.

      Delete
  3. I especially agree with shopping at Target, drinking Arnold Palmers and buying high end makeup! I can't live without my Bare Minerals. This was a great post to link up with Hump Day Happenings! Thanks for hosting with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Arnold Palmers! SO good!!!! My guilty pleasure is Cherry Garcia Ben & Jerry's ice cream. I seriously can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do the exact same thing at Target. I put something in my cart, walk around with it for a while, and eventually end up putting it back. I am such an indecisive shopper, but it saves me money in the long run. It lets me evaluate whether or not I actually need this item, or if I am just impulse purchasing. Thanks for sharing your guilty pleasures :) these were cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your story!