Thursday, February 27, 2014

Ask Away Friday with This Momma's Ramblings!


Today I am partnering with This Momma's Ramblings in Ask Away Friday! For this event, This Momma's Ramblings and I swapped 10 questions with the theme: GUILTY PLEASURES. (Sound familiar?) If you would like to participate or see more responses to Ask Away Friday, visit This Momma's Ramblings Web site!

Let's get started!

Question 1: What dessert will you go for above any else?

Apple pie! My papa LOVED apple pie, and it was something special we shared between us as I grew up. I like my apple pie straight up!

Question 2: What movie would people be surprised that you love to watch over and over?

Diary of a Mad Black Woman by Tyler Perry. The movie came out during a very tumultuous time in my life, and seeing the heroine find peace within herself gave me such encouragement. I have watched this movie dozens of times. It never gets old. I still cry.

Question 3: Do you have a favorite book that you will read over and over? What is it?

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I first read this book as required reading in high school and hated it. What is it about required reading which ruins books??? I picked it up a few years later and LOVED IT. Jane's experiences resonate so deeply with me. I have also watched all the Masterpiece Theatre versions of Jane Eyre on Netflix : )

Question 4: What would your dream vacation be?

I've always wanted to stay in one of those floating beach houses in Fiji. It just sounds so magical to be suspended over sparkling blue water! I would also love to do a Disney cruise as a Disney princess girl of the 90's.

Question 5: What would a pamper day include for you?

My motto is "it's the little things in life", so it doesn't take much for me to be happy. If I'm staying at home, nothing makes me happier than watching my recorded TV shows and cuddling with my poodle. If I'm being more adventuresome, I love to browse aimlessly at Target! Having time to savor the experience is pampering to me.

Question 6: What would your guilty pleasure song be?

 I have a whole playlist of guilty pleasure songs haha...I think two of my current favorites are Thrift Shop by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and One More Night by Maroon Five. Try not to dance it you listen to these songs!

Question 7: Do you have a television show that you just can't miss?

Pretty Little Liars! The show has gotten pretty convoluted over the past two seasons, but I'm too invested now. I HAVE to know what happened to Allison!

Question 8: What is something that blogging has taught you about yourself?

Blogging has reminded me how much I love writing. I don't do much writing at my job every day, so I thoroughly enjoy the writing this blog involves.

Question 9: What is your fondest dream that you have yet to accomplish?

Becoming a mother : )

Question 10: Where do you see yourself in ten years?

Family is my priority, so I see myself married to a successful doctor with two kids in a home of our own! I also see myself continuing to grow myself whether that means by continuing this blog or continuing my education. I'm excited about the future!

Thanks again, This Momma's Ramblings! Don't forget to read more responses at her Web site!


13 comments:

  1. Love the answers, Megan! Oh a warm piece of fresh out of the oven apple pie, yummy! :) Jane Eyre has always been one of my favorites, too, I have a paperback copy and one on my kindle. Thrift Song! LOL! That song is great! I love going thrift shopping and my 14 yr old heard it and thought that I would love it! LOL! I do! :) It was wonderful getting to know you better! Thank you so much for swapping with me this week! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Megan! So nice to meet you and welcome to our little #AskAwayFriday Family!

    I am such a Jane Eyre fan and I don't think I have run into another since High School. I too have read it repeatedly and watch the Netflix versions!

    Apple Pie straight up.. LOL I'm an A La Mode gal but it is yummy any way I think...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wanna go to fiji too! happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of those floating houses in Fiji is a dream vacation for me too!

    I love a nice apple pie in the fall, with freshly picked apples. I like it straight out of the oven with vanilla bean ice cream!

    Welcome to ask away! I'm glad you've linked up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, Megan! I love having fun posts on Friday. And, Fiji would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am right there with you with the staying at home, all cuddled up and watching the DVR shows. Speaking of which, Scandal is on my DVR right now ~ whoop!!
    I have to say I have never seen or read Jane Eyre but I do hear it's really great. I need to check that out. I love your about me photo -- that is awesome!
    Fiji is one of my ultimate must dos!!
    Nice meeting you ~

    Lanaya
    http://raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you joined in this week, Megan! It was nice getting to know you. I think apple pie is my second favorite, behind cherry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mm, now I want some apple pie. I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Megan: Great answers! Nice getting to know you!

    This really struck a chord with me: "I've always wanted to stay in one of those floating beach houses in Fiji." Me too. Doesn't that just seem like the definition of indulgence? "Hi, I'm not going to just stay on the beach, I'm going to vacation right smack in the middle of the ocean." I bet it costs a zillion dollars, but if I had a zillion dollars, you can guarantee I'd try it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The floating house sounds amazing.

    It is nice to meet you and hope that you have enjoyed the #askawayfriday series.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Apple pie is the best. Just the smell of it baking invokes childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to go to Fiji. I haven't seen Pretty Little Liars, but I know I have a list of bad shows that I've watched from beginning to end. Once you're invested, well, you want to find out what happens. So happy to have you aboard!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A floating beach house would be amazing! I would love that too!! So relaxing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your story!