Thursday, January 2, 2014

Welcome to 2014!

Well hello, everyone! Welcome back. I hope your holidays were filled with family and plenty of joy. I want to take a quick moment to thank everyone who reads my blog. It means a lot you care to read my thoughts! I so enjoy writing it.

So what I have been up to the past two weeks or so? Well...

For one thing, my computer with Adobe Photoshop broke. ...Sigh...So I am making do right now with an online editing program. I think the new layout turned out pretty well! Let me know what you think.

I spent my holiday visiting family. If you know me at all, you know this is my absolute favorite activity. I also participated in my other favorite activities: gift giving/receiving, sleeping and eating. Haha, it doesn't take much to make me happy, y'all.

Here are two of my favorite gifts I received for Christmas (I'm always curious what other people get, so I hope you feel the same way!). These are not all-inclusive by any means, just a snapshot of my favorites:


My brother-and-sister-in-laws Aaron and Tristin gave me this poodle brooch for my birthday (which is on January 16, by the way. Sometimes my Christmas and birthday gifts are lumped together). Again, if you know me, you know this brooch describes the essence of what I love: pearls, bling and poodles. Heck yeah.



It is a very real possibility Jared and I might move out of Texas for his residency. You non-Texans are going to roll your eyes at me, but I don't want to leave my home. Texas is embedded in my DNA, y'all. It also holds most of the people I hold dearest in this life. But I don't want to be afraid. God could very well want us to leave for awhile, and I need to be ok with that so I don't miss the wonderful blessings and people He will bring into my life.

So I bought myself this charm to remind myself I will always carry Texas and the people I love there in my heart. Always.

Finally, let's talk about resolutions! I usually don't make resolutions. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Haha just kidding. But this year, there actually are some changes I would like to make to my life. I would like to be more active, meaning I do not want to lead a sedentary life anymore. Jared, who loves running, finally convinced me to try again, which if you read this post know is an absolute miracle.

One day, Jared came home from a run and said, "I saw a couple running together when I was out running. It looked like a lot of fun..." Then he gave me a pouty face. Jared doesn't ask for much, y'all, so if he wants me to huff and puff next to him, I guess I will give it a go. The catch for him is he has to buy me running shoes for my birthday. I am so sneaky...Running will also help me maintain my physical and mental health, so I guess it's worth trying. I am still not planning to run any sort of marathon, so don't get your hopes up.

My second resolution is to eat my vegetables, going along with the "be more healthy" theme. Jared and I eat reasonably well, but I am notorious for only making an entree for dinner. Normally I think, what more do you need? But whipping up an easy vegetable side isn't hard, and it will give Jared and I necessary nutrients. So again, why not? Worth a shot.


What are you resolving to do in the new year? Hopefully one of your resolutions is to continue reading this awesome blog! : )