Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Makeup Hall of Fame

As long as I have been wearing makeup, I have been fascinated about products. There is so much to choose from!!! How do you decide what is best for you? Through trial and error and a lot of research, I have found my five "holy grail" makeup products I reach for every day.

Walker Make Up Hall of Fame
1. Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Black Brown - I wear a cat eye every single day, and this is the best pencil liner I have used. Once you put it on, it stays. Whenever you need more product, you simply twist the pencil. No need for sharpening!

2. Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter - if you know me, you know I am addicted to chap stick. So when an addict tells you a chap stick is good, believe me, it is GOOD. Not only does it smell like a juicy mango when you open the cap, this chap stick provides lasting moisture and does not cause an allergic reaction like some chap sticks can.

3. Urban Decay Original Naked Palette - I can definitely understand why this is a cult favorite. There are two other Naked palettes available, but I chose this one first because it has warmer shades, plus a good mix of matte and shimmery textures. You haven't worn eye shadow until you try Urban Decay. The shadows are so buttery and blend like a dream. Well worth the price, because the palette lasts forever, even if you use it every day.

4. Clinique Almost Powder Foundation - I have oily skin, so liquid foundations (even the more expensive ones) never worked well with my skin. This powder foundation is extremely kind to my skin and provides light to medium coverage. It also lasts fairly well, but even better if you pair it with a primer. Love it!

5. L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Mascara - I used to wear DiorShow mascara, and this mascara is just as good for much less. It doesn't flake and it volumizes/separates lashes beautifully. I have tried many mascaras, but I always come back to this one.

What products are in your makeup hall of fame? Let me know!