Tuesday, December 3, 2013

In Memorial of Meme

In this season of family and giving thanks, I would like to give thanks for this woman, Elizabeth Walker. I knew her as Meme.


Meme was the paternal grandmother to my husband, Jared. From the very beginning of my relationship with Jared, Meme welcomed me into the family. The first time I met her, she gave me a big hug and said, "well hi, sweetheart!"

Meme believed so passionately in Jared's dream of becoming a doctor. She asked for a status report every time we saw her. She was his cheerleader, and I am so grateful to her for that support.

Jared and I had the honor of seeing Meme the Thursday before she passed away. I am so grateful I got to give her a hug goodbye. I love you Meme and I am thankful to you for the legacy you left behind. Rest in peace, beautiful lady.

2 comments:

  1. That was wonderful Megan. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like such a sweet lady. what a blessing to know her.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your story!