Sad, sad day in the land of Walker DIY Adventures, y'all. I had my first outright fail several weeks ago.
This post from one of my favorite DIY blogs inspired me to make some throw pillows for my couch. I don't have a sewing machine and it has been awhile since I used one, so the fabric glue seemed like a perfectly accessible solution.
I decided to use the leftover fabric from my chair project because I still like the pattern and I have an abundance. Hancock Fabric even had a half-off sale on their pillow inserts, so I snatched one and prepared to make my pillow.
I followed the directions as specified in the inspiration post, but...it turned out HORRIBLE. As I was making the pillow, I didn't even think it might be important to apply the glue lines evenly on each side...
I also used the wrong type of fabric, because the fabric glue, which has never failed me before, had a difficult time joining the stiff pieces of the pillow together.
I would show you a picture, but I conveniently forgot to take one...
When Jared saw the cover, he suggested putting the pillow in it to see if that would help. It did, but not enough to salvage the project. After I put in the pillow, Jared said, "well...it looks...lumpy..." *Groan*
Oh well. You can't win them all! I haven't disassembled the pillow yet. The top part of the pillow isn't too bad, so I normally hide it behind the beautiful peacock blue throw pillow I bought at Pier 1. So if you come over to my apartment, don't move the blue pillow.