Monday, December 16, 2013

Let Me Tell You About...my Advisor Adventure with Graduation


I love graduation. It is one of my favorite parts about my job. Some people see it as a long, unnecessary ritual, but I see it as a celebration of hard work and success. College graduation is particularly close to my heart, because if you think about it, you have prepared your whole life for this moment. Graduation marks the line between childhood and adulthood. I just love it.

The Rawls College of Business graduated over 300 seniors this past Saturday. It was magical. I have finally worked with the college long enough to graduate students I worked with in the beginning of my career as an advisor. I felt like I knew so many people. I remembered the struggles and successes they had over their four years of college. I was honored to be a part of their lives, even if only for a little while. I also got some wonderful hugs, which I adored because I am a hugger! : )

My own graduation from Texas Tech occurred May 2010. It seems unreal I graduated almost four years ago.

Summa cum laude, baby!

Next year, I will have three graduations to attend!!! My brother David will graduate with his bachelor's in Accounting unless he is accepted into an accelerated master's program. My sister Annabeth will graduate from high school. And my beloved husband Jared will graduate with his medical degree.

I have watched these people grow and change over the years, and I know I will shed a few tears as I watch them transition to the next part of their lives next year.