Friday, November 22, 2013

My Favorite Thanksgiving Dish


Everyone has a favorite dish on Thanksgiving. There's just so much to choose from! Mine, however, might be a little unconventional. I love my dad's cranberry sauce. He makes it homemade and has an unusual ingredient which takes it over the top: Grand Marnier. Every holiday season, he makes it for me because I love it so much.

This Thanksgiving, Jared and I are spending the holiday with his parents. So I decided this should be year I try my hand at my dad's cranberry sauce. Hopefully I don't mess it up...

This week, I went in search of the "secret" ingredient, Grand Marnier. Sadly, the smallest bottle was $30! I only needed about 4 tablespoons total for the batches I plan to make, so $30 was a little overpriced. Fortunately, I remembered a lot of premium liquors have sample bottles you can buy, and the store had a little package of Grand Marnier sample bottles which were perfect for my purposes. $8 versus $30? Um, yes please.

Wish me luck!