Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Christmas is Coming!!!

So...I feel a little bit like a traitor for talking about Christmas before Thanksgiving has even arrived...and because my blog is currently decorated for the fall...but I can't help it. Christmas is my favorite holiday for many reasons, but one of the biggest reasons is the decor. I LOVE LOVE LOVE decorating for Christmas. You can bet my Christmas decorations will be coming out of hiding the minute I get home from Thanksgiving.

This past weekend, I purchased my one piece of new Christmas decor this season. Living in an apartment with limited storage means I cannot go crazy buying new things. But it is SOOO HARDDDD!!! Lubbock has this BEAUTIFUL store called Holland Gardens which transforms from a garden center to a Christmas wonderland every year. Sometimes, I just like to go and soak in all the beauty. It makes me so happy.

But back to the purpose of this post...a couple of weeks ago, I saw the following at Target and fell in love:
See this online
 The picture doesn't even do it justice. It looks like a wreath of red Christmas roses, but it is actually made of curled bark which has been dyed red. So you get the floral look with a lot more longevity. I didn't buy it the first time I saw it because even though the price was decent for a beautiful piece of Christmas decor, I was trying to show restraint. You know, be budget-conscience and all.

This weekend, though, my resolve disappeared. I saw the exact same wreath on an HGTV show, and I realized if I don't buy it NOW, it could disappear. Has that ever happened to you? You pass on a beautiful item, trying to be responsible, and then it disappears (and goes out of stock, of course) so you can't buy it? First world problems, y'all.

I decided I loved the wreath enough to bite the bullet and purchase it. I look Jared to one of the Targets in Lubbock, which didn't have the right color, of course. So then I dragged my poor husband to the OTHER Target in town, which fortunately carried what I was looking for. Poor Jared, he's a good sport. But, I have to say the journey was worth it, because it looks lovely in my apartment.

Yay for Christmas!