Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Misadventures of Henry Top Gun Walker: The Master of Manipulation

The Master of Manipulation and me
In this edition, we discuss how Henry is a master of manipulation, particularly when it comes to his momma. Henry knows if he does something bad, he better do something cute to compensate.

One time, Jared and I were sitting on the couch eating popcorn. Poodles LOVE popcorn more than just about anything, in case you didn't know, so of course Henry was begging for a piece. When I ignored him, he climbed on the back of the couch, put his little head on my shoulder and looked at me with the most plaintive look I have ever seen.

Now my resolve started to crumble. Jared said, "don't do it! Don't give him any!"

But I said, "he's so...warm...and...fluffy...resolve...weakening!" I managed to resist his cuteness, but it almost impossible!

And this morning, I was in the bathroom getting ready for work. Henry came in, sat right next to me and leaned against my leg. I thought, awwww....what a sweet boy! I gave him a big pet and kiss. I should have known better, of course! When I went into the bedroom, Henry had pooped on the floor, even thought I had JUST taken him potty. Henry knew he had to do something to make up for his mistake!

Is your pet a master of manipulation like Henry?