Monday, August 26, 2013

The Misadventures of Henry Top Gun Walker: The Day I Almost Disowned Henry

I like to think of myself as a patient person. It takes a lot to get me angry, especially if you are a cute, fuzzy toy poodle puppy named Henry. I understand he's a baby and a boy for that matter, so most of his misadventures don't anger me too much. There was one misadventure, however, which almost made me kick Henry out the front door.

One night, I was in the bathroom getting ready for bed. All of the sudden, I got a feeling something very bad was happening. I went into the bedroom where Henry had just finished peeing on the bed. I hurried and tore the sheets off the bed before the pee could soak into the mattress. Fortunately, what did make it to the mattress was easy to clean up. But the sheets and mattress pad (on their last legs anyway), weren't worth saving.

I was so furious at Henry, I could not even pet him for the next few days. He is over a year old, there is no excuse for peeing on the bed at this point!!! I probably would have continued to be furious at Henry, except he saved me from a cockroach.

Henry is actually a great cockroach hunter. He corners them and scratches them so they are maimed and can't escape. One morning not long after the peeing incident, I heard Henry scratching at something in the kitchen. When I went to investigate, I saw Henry had caught a cockroach for me. That boy knows the way to his momma's heart. I couldn't be mad at him anymore. This is one misadventure I hope Henry never repeats!