Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I'm Addicted to Chapstick

Photo Credit
Everyone has a list of essentials they carry with them at all times: phone, wallet, driver's license, etc. For me, chapstick is an absolute essential. It goes with me wherever I go and has a higher priority than my phone.

Chapstick to me is like Coke: I know it's bad for me, but I can't stop. I can't stand dry lips in any form. It makes me feel edgy and so uncomfortable, I can't think about anything else except chapstick. I attribute this quirk to my childhood, of course. I used to never wear chapstick and lived with the dry lips, no problem. Then one day my bottom lip got so dry, it cracked and split in the middle. That was one of the most painful experiences of my life. It took FOREVER to heal because I had to move my mouth to talk, of course, so the wound kept reopening.

Ever since then, chapstick has never left my side. I used the regular Chapstick for a long time, but now my preference is the Burt's Bees Nourishing with Mango Butter. In case you're wondering, of course! : )

Do you have any unusual quirks?